Prof. Jitendra Padhi
HOD, Department Of ME
GIET, Ghangapatana, Bhubaneswar
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 09 is one of the oldest and best equipped departments. Since its inception, the department is mentioning dynamic and research oriented faculty and also the department is maintaining its consistency in academic performance in university examinations. The department has state to art laboratories as per BPUT syllabus. In practical classes emphasis is given to develop technical skills of the students. The highest strength of the department is highly committed, dedicated, experienced & qualified faculty who are willing to help the students all the time in order to achieve their career goals. The teachers effectively take part in different workshops & seminars to enhance their knowledge. The teachers & Para teachers are given ample opportunities to upgrade their qualification. The scope of mechanical engineering which provides maximum job opportunities in industries among all branches is further expanding with advances in areas of CAD, CAM, SIM, FMS, and Robotics etc. The students are given exposure to software like AUTOCAD, ANSYS, and MATLAB etc. Departmental workshops & seminars are organized on regular basis with active involvement of professors to acquaint the students with the latest developments and to provide them a competitive advantage.
The mission of the department is to impart quality education through innovative teaching and to achieve academic excellence. The department strives hard to make the students to compete with the best of engineers & succeed in their Endeavour.
1. Prominent Visitors
2. Er Mihir Kumar Mohanty, Ex-Vice President L& T visited the department & gave his valuable advice on his visit to the department in April 2012.
3. Renowned academician Prof.(Dr.) C. V. Gopinath who subsequently joined this esteemed institute as Principal delivered a talk on CAD/CAM and Reverse engineering in the month of October in which both faculties & students of the department participated.
4. Institute- Industry Interaction
INTAKE :120 Seats
Lab Facilities :
- BME Lab.
- Kinematics and Dynamic Lab.
- Engineering Thermodynamic Lab.
- Mechanics of Solid Lab.
- FMHM Lab.
- Design Lab.
- Heat Transfer Lab.
- Production and OPertation Management Lab.
- Numerical Computaion and solid modelling Lab.